Monday 22 June 2020

ALL



Week 1: basic embroidery stitches.  Couched circles inspired by Richard McVetis' workbook on TextileArtist.org
https://www.textileartist.org/community-stitch-challenge-week-four-richard-mcvetis

That really is one week's worth of work.  They took AGES to stitch!


Week 2: Ainu embroidery.  There was a talk and workshop earlier this year at Japan House in High Steet Kensington.
https://www.japanhouselondon.uk/whats-on/2020/the-beauty-and-power-of-ainu-patterns-talk-by-igarashi-satomi/

Whilst researching Ainu patterns online I came across some examples of folded paper cutting of Ainu patterns, which is a great way to achieve the symmetrical pattern.  I developed some more templates from patterns I had found elsewhere on the internet.


So not much stitching in week 2 but I started stitching a pattern I had found on someone's headband:


Week 3: Kantha stitching.  Zero kantha stitching done this week as I was still doing my Ainu pattern and I had a RSN drawing class via Zoom on Saturday.

This was the unfinished piece I did in the autumn term and was intending to finish but it will have to wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment