Wednesday 11 July 2012

Julie Arkell - Les Soeurs Anglaises - July 2012

Just returned from the Julie Arkell workshop at Les Soeurs Anglaises in south-west France.  Another fantastic workshop hosted by Katie et al!  Still adjusting back to London life after spending a week with the singing Australians, charming Californians, Claire with the Fair Hair, and an undertaker.  The theme was Summer Fetes and Puppet Shows, so we did flower brooches, bunting, and puppets.  I started all three but then concentrated on the flowers so I could steal Julie's ideas be inspired by Julie's flowers while I had the opportunity.



The flower on the right was my first (named Flower of Frankenstein because of the appalling stitching); the 'poppy' on the left was my second attempt (made with fabric from an old duvet cover bought at Riberac market); and the daisy in the middle was the third.  I don't have photos of my bunting so here are other peoples':




The puppets were great, especially Susan's baker and wedding cake, which should be on display at the Solvang Bakery in California sometime soon:












No comments:

Post a Comment